Thursday, November 11, 2010

Whole Foods totally ripped off Amys Vegan Pizza

Amy's Roasted Vegetable Pizza is probably one of my favorite frozen meal indulgences - and I say indulgence here because I try to eat very little frozen food. Lets be real - fresh food is just plain better for you. But sometimes I get lazy and dont want to cook - and what can I say... they're convenient! However, when I do "indulge", I always add a heaping pile of fresh chopped veggies on top before I pop that bad boy in the oven.

So anyway, I was shopping at Whole Foods last night and stumbled across a 365 (the Whole Foods brand) pizza that looked just like Amy's. Plus it was about $4 cheaper! So, as would anyone in my situation, I bought one. Check out the photo:

So, following my usual frozen food ritual, I chopped up and piled on whatever I had in the fridge - broccoli, zuchini, potatoes, tomatoes, green onions - I know, it sounds weird, but it tasted damn good! Here it is before it went in the oven:

My final thoughts: Amy's pizza kicks Whole Foods pizza's ass! Amy's crust is better - thicker and chewier - plus it has more veggies (before i added my own extra). So, is it worth it to spend the extra $4 to get Amy's? Maybe. Or perhaps next time I will spend a little extra time and make a pizza from scratch. Yes, I think so.

1 comment:

  1. OK, so now it looks like I'm stalking you, sorry. And you may never read this comment, BUT, making pizza from scratch is the way to go. I make the pizza dough in my food processor, and it literally takes MINUTES. Do it!

    ReplyDelete