Saturday, November 6, 2010

Late Night Garlic Soba Noodles

After a long day of volunteering at the Green Festival yesterday (including a 45 minute wait to take the bus home.. seriously i have such a love/hate relationship with Muni right now), we were famished!!

So... on the bus, I scanned through Chef Chloe's blog (btw, one of my favs at the moment) on my iphone, and gained some inspiration for our dinner from her post on 'Garlic Sesame Soba Noodles'. I knew i had soba noodles and garlic - the rest I figured out when we got home.

Sure enough, I had about 90% of the rest of the ingredients, so I decided to make it work - it was fast, easy, and ended up being delish!!

Instead of the mushrooms Chef Chloe uses - Stephen hates mushrooms, but I am determined to change his mind about them - I used broccoli. I also added in some cubed tempeh pieces and bean sprouts I had in the fridge. Within 25 minutes of getting home, I had dinner on the table and we scarfed it down in no time!!

Oh, and one last thing - because we volunteered to help set up yesterday, we will be attending the Green Festival tomorrow (free of charge - woo hoo), so stay tuned for a post on that!! It should be pretty awesome!!

Check out a picture below!! p.s. Im hoping to invest in a much better camera in the near future, so bear with me for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment