Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pie or Die!!!

So i entered in the SF Food Wars Pie or Die Contest a few weeks ago and just found out that I will be one of twenty people competing - holy crap, I am SO EXCITED!! 

This news came as a bit of a shock, after an email I received last week telling me I had not been chosen.  But, alas, the vegan baking gods have been watching over me, because apparently someone dropped out of the competition, and I was next in line to compete!!

As far as I know, I am the only competitor making a vegan pie -

A vegan lemon cream and blueberry swirl pie... HOLLA!!!

Needless to say, I'm a little nervous because a) I don't make a lot of pie - in fact i've never made my own crust - which means I need to seriously step it up in the baking department for the next 2 weeks and b) if I am the only vegan baker, talk about pressure!!  This pie needs to be fucking amazing!!

Whatever, I'm excited and I will have the most supportive person I know right by my side - my own sweetie pie, Stephen.

Wish me luck!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment