Sunday, July 17, 2011

Pics from the past

Ahh, I kinda suck at keeping that "blogging twice a week" promise I made to myself, but at least I have been pretty good about taking pictures... all of food because, um... this is food blog... duh! Check out these scrumptious meals I have been whipping up in my tiny kitchen lately... recipes to follow soon!!

Peanut butter swirl brownies.

Home-made pan-seared seitan with garlic mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus.

Whoopie pie.

"Beef" with broccoli...

... made with Gardein beefless tips...

.... served over brown rice.

"Chicken" and vegetable soup.

Mexican feast: sweet potato and seitan quesadillas with spicy avacado salsa, black beans, and rice.

Valentine's Day dinner: warm spinach salad and butternut squash ravioli with sage pesto.

A close-up of our homemade ravs - delish!!

A childhood favorite: home-made tomato soup with a grilled cheese and a salad with ranch. 
VegNews Mac and Cheese (with a few modifications)...

So freakin' good!

Kombu with veggies and brown rice.

Kombu package.
(FYI: Kombu is vegan, but the sauce packet it comes with contains fish sauce - eww! - so we made our own!)

Veganizing one of Stephen's favorites: tortilla caserole.

My birthday dinner: cauliflower curry soup and a fresh fruit & spinach salad with a citrus viniagrette ... made 100% by Stephen... so cute, right? (and so delicious!)

Southern Comfort: BBQ baked tofu with savory corn pancakes and a salad with ranch.

Avocado pesto pasta (inspired by Chef Chloe) with sundried tomatoes.

Balsamic baked tofu with lemony garlic potatoes and sauteed zuchini with basil (potatoes and zuchini from mommy's garden).

My first attempt at homemade bread (I used this recipe from VegWeb as as guide) - yumyumyum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment