Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Happy Anniversary, my love!

Stephen and I celebrated our one year anniversary as an official couple this week. We opted to have dinner at home, followed by drinks at the Mark Hopkins Hotel.

I made a spinach salad (served warm) with roasted butternut squash (I buy the already cut and packaged kind from Trader Joes - seriously a life saver) and toasted walnuts with a warm vinagrette - made with slivered red onions, white balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, agave, fresh rosemary, salt, pepper, and olive oil - the vinagrette wilted the baby spinach leaves ever so perfectly...

The main course was a joint effort. Taking a few tips from VeganYumYum, Stephen and I made some delicious gnocchi with lemon cream sauce and thyme vinagrette. I hardly ever follow a recipe exactly (except when baking, or course), and this was no exception. I didn't have any cashews on hand, so I made the cream sauce from a rue and added a little non-dairy milk, garlic, lemon zest and juice, salt and pepper - simple and delicious!

After dinner, we enjoyed a couple martinis at the Top of the Mark - very romantic! Happy Anniversay, babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment